Monday, July 25, 2011

Real, Movies and more

Whoa!  It's been like a month since my last post not cool!  Sorry about that guys.  Well let see what is going on?  Hmmm... Can't find a job that is exciting!  I think it's cause of my school schedule.  I go Tuesday and Thursdays from 10 to 4 pm so that kinda puts a whole monkey wrench in the daily work schedule.  I thought it would be better when I was signing up for classes but apparently not.  I have even been looking in that place I never wanted to work again... Accounting!  But I guess too it is because I can't/won't work for like 8 bucks an hour.  See the problem with that is that at 25 hours a week and 8 bucks an hour I wouldn't even be able to pay for my own rent!  Quitting that stellar job I had with PMI Foods is starting to look pretty dumb now...

After the game shot.
In other news!  Rebecca and I have been hitting up the Real Salt Lake games!  The team is pretty fun and the fan electrifying!  I know every team in every sport says that but it is true with these fans.  My evidence?  Well Real just ended a MLS record with 36 consecutive home game wins!  Now tell me that our fans don't make a difference.  They have their own stadium here called Rio Tinto Stadium.  In their latest match that we went to they beat the San Jose Earthquakes 4-0!  It was an awesome game!  We sat in the KFC corner seats where the tickets are cheaper and you always get free stuff.  This time it was only a free medium soda but hey it's still free.  They had pioneer day fireworks at the end of the game which were pretty good.  And like every other year bigger than the 4th of July fireworks.  I think this holiday is kind of a funny one because no other state celebrates it but us.  Rebecca bought me this awesome jersey that I am wearing just cause she is an awesome girlfriend.  Luckily too she always remembers to bring my glasses even when I forget to.  Couple more games still left in the season so look forward to some more good pictures.

Movies, Movies, movies.  10 points to Griffendor if you can guess one of our favorite movies that we saw this summer.  That's right!  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.  Luckily for us cousin Rochelle and one of Rebecca's friends had all the Harry Potter movies so we didn't have to rent them from Redbox or Blockbuster.  I know amazingly there is still a Blockbuster here in Provo.  I would give it 5 stars out of 4.  The whole series actually.  I would rate just as high as Lost which is saying quite a lot coming from a Lost fan/fanatic.  I like too how there are so many parallels between that world and the spiritual world.  They may not name the concepts and principles by name but there are so many there.  There are especially a lot of one liners from Dumbledor that I was just like, really?

Of of the other Blockbuster hits that we just saw was Captain America.  This movie was actually really done well for Hollywood I think.  So skin in it or even crude jokes or sex talk.  As well the movie wasn't overly gruesome.  There were a couple of scenes with blood but even those were rare and it wasn't done in a gruesome way at all.  I would definitely put this one on the to watch list.  Filled with action, a love story, and a few lines of comic relief.  I know all you who have ever sat at a theater with me and watched a movie know that you'll have to sit through the credits with me or wait outside till the credits end.  So trust me when I tell you that you'll want to sit through the end of these ones.  The movie's typical end of credits scene has been moved up to the front of the credits as a kind of final final scene.  And at the end?  Wait for it.  Wait for it.  The new Avengers Trailer!  Which will be coming out next May.  So make sure you sit through this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment